Brookhaven Premises Liability Attorneys
Officially incorporated as a city in 2012, Brookhaven is one of Georgia's newest cities. As the city grows in population, along with increased social and commercial activity, property owners must be mindful of their legal duties to individuals on their property, as they can be held liable for injuries that arise there.
At Grant Law Office, we have been committed to helping injured people get justice for over two decades. We focus on maximizing compensation for those who have been injured on another person's property. Our firm operates under the leadership of esteemed attorney Wayne Grant—one of the top 5% of attorneys in Georgia, as rated by his peers in the legal field. Wayne Grant and his partner, Kimberly Grant, have a combined legal experience of more than 60 years, so you can rest assured your case is in capable hands.
If you've suffered an injury due to premises liability in Brookhaven, call us at (404) 995-3955 for a free initial consultation. Let us be your legal advocates in your pursuit of justice.
Premises liability refers to the legal responsibility of property owners to maintain a safe environment for those who enter their property. In Brookhaven, as in other cities, common locations where premises liability injuries often occur include:
- Slippery surfaces: Injuries resulting from slips and falls on surfaces that are wet, icy, or otherwise hazardous.
- Debris: Accidents caused by tripping over debris, clutter, or objects left in walkways or common areas.
- Defective stairways: Injuries arising from poorly maintained or faulty staircases, handrails, or steps.
- Exposure to toxins: Harm caused by exposure to hazardous substances, such as chemicals, mold, or asbestos, on the premises.
- Dog bites: Injuries resulting from dog attacks or bites that occur on another person's property.
There are various types of premises liability accidents that can lead to injuries, including:
- Negligent security: Injuries due to inadequate security measures that lead to criminal activity on the property.
- Falls from heights: Accidents involving falls from elevated surfaces or structures, such as balconies or elevated walkways.
- Structural failures: Injuries caused by structural defects, such as collapsing ceilings or walls.
- Swimming pool accidents: Injuries that occur in or around swimming pools, often due to inadequate safety measures.
- Inadequate maintenance: Harm resulting from a lack of proper maintenance, including failures in plumbing, electrical systems, or building structures.
Determining liability in premises liability cases can be complex. Liability often depends on various factors, including negligence and foreseeability. To establish liability, you'll need to consider:
- Negligence on the part of the property owner or responsible entity.
- Whether the injury was foreseeable and if reasonable steps were taken to prevent it.
Understanding these factors is essential when evaluating your premises liability case in Brookhaven. When an injury occurs on public property, the following entities may be held liable for those injuries:
- City or municipalities
- Contractors or maintenance companies
- State or federal agencies
- Private contractors or developers
It's important to note that when pursuing a claim against a city or municipality for injuries on public property, the concept of sovereign immunity may come into play. Sovereign immunity is a legal doctrine that can shield government entities from certain types of lawsuits and liability. While sovereign immunity exists to protect public entities from excessive legal exposure, it is not absolute, and exceptions may apply.
In Georgia, there are specific exceptions and limitations to sovereign immunity. These exceptions may allow individuals to pursue claims against government entities under certain circumstances. The application of sovereign immunity can be complex and varies depending on the nature of your injury and the actions or negligence involved.
In a premises liability claim, various damages may be recoverable, including:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
The premises liability lawyers at Grant Law Office will work diligently to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
How can a lawyer help in premises liability cases? At Grant Law Office, we provide legal advocacy informed by experience. You can count on our Brookhaven premises liability attorneys to meticulously examine the details of your case, gather evidence, and negotiate on your behalf.
If you've been injured due to someone else's negligence on their property, don't face the legal challenges alone. Call our Brookhaven personal injury attorneys at (404) 995-3955 for a free consultation. Let us provide you with the legal support and guidance you need to secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Phone: (404) 995-3955
Wrongful Death Day Care Case