Brookhaven Car Accident Attorneys
Brookhaven is a city of approximately 55,000 residents, just minutes from downtown Atlanta. It features historic neighborhoods and parks, locally owned restaurants, unique shops, and a vibrant art scene. Like the rest of the greater Atlanta metro area, Brookhaven has its share of traffic snarls. For example, residents have complained about backups at the Brookhaven Starbucks, located at Peachtree Road and Colonial Drive, forcing drivers to slam on their brakes during rush hour in the mornings, as reported on Patch.
Accidents are bound to happen in a dangerous traffic situation. If you have been seriously injured in a car crash that was someone else’s fault, speak with an experienced Brookhaven car accident lawyer immediately at (404) 995-3955.
Although there are many reasons for car accidents, most are caused by driver negligence. Common causes of traffic crashes in Brookhaven and throughout the U.S. include:
- Impaired driving: Driving drunk or high puts everyone on the road at risk. In 2021, a total of 13,384 people were killed in drunk driving crashes in the U.S., as stated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In a recent study, 56% of drivers involved in fatal and serious injury crashes tested positive for at least one drug, as reported by NHTSA.
- Distracted driving: Over the past decade, the prevalence of drivers manipulating hand-held electronic devices has increased by 127%, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). This is a particularly alarming form of driver distraction because it involves visual, manual, and cognitive attention.
- Speeding: Speeding was a factor in 29% of traffic fatalities nationwide in 2021, killing more than 33 people a day, as reported by NSC. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the greater the impact of a collision.
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals: Traffic signs and signals are there to prevent accidents. Drivers who run red lights or disregard stop signs pose a serious risk to other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Unsafe lane changes: Every enclosed vehicle has blind spots. Drivers who fail to signal and carefully check their blind spots before switching lanes can cause serious collisions.
- Inexperienced drivers: Drivers who lack experience, including teen drivers, are more likely to make judgment errors that put others on the road at risk, such as misjudging the speed and distance of an oncoming vehicle.
Car crashes can cause a wide range of injuries, many of which are severe, catastrophic, or fatal. Common car accident injuries include:
- Head trauma and traumatic brain injury
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Crush injuries and amputations
- Severe lacerations
- Facial injuries (bone fractures, eye damage, scarring)
- Sprains, strains, and severe bruising
- Penetrating injuries (from loose objects in the vehicle)
If you sustained serious injuries in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have a claim for compensation against the at-fault driver. The damages you may be entitled to claim will depend on the circumstances in your case. Common damages in car accident injury claims include past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses.
The Brookhaven personal injury attorneys at Grant Law Office can assess the full extent of your damages and negotiate skillfully with the insurance company for a fair settlement. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us at (404) 995-3955 to schedule a free consultation after a serious Brookhaven car accident.
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Phone: (404) 995-3955
Wrongful Death Day Care Case