Atlanta Trucking Accident Attorney
Can I Get Compensation in Georgia for My Truck Wreck?
Feeling overwhelmed after suffering serious injuries or the loss of a loved one in a collision with a truck is understandable because it only takes a second for life to become completely turned upside down. If you or a family member has been hurt in a crash, you do not have to face the difficult days and weeks ahead on your own. The compassionate and dedicated Atlanta truck accident lawyers at Grant Law Office are here to help. We understand how insurmountable the challenges may seem, but we will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive fair and just compensation for your losses. Call us at (404) 995-3955 to learn about your legal rights and options in a no-cost case evaluation.
How Can I Prove Fault in a Truck Crash?
18 wheelers are complex vehicles that require specific skills to operate successfully, and it only takes a small amount of negligence to lead to a serious crash. Some of the common causes of crashes include the following:
- Driver error. Truckers drivers are responsible for operating their vehicles safely. When a driver is drunk, drowsy, distracted, or when a driver simply makes a mistake, catastrophic injuries can result.
- Bad supervision. Trucking companies are responsible for hiring qualified drivers, screening them for health and other conditions, and ensuring that drivers follow safety rules. When a company fails to hire, train, or supervise drivers properly, collisions become more likely.
- Mechanical failure. Big rigs can suffer mechanical failure in any system, including the brakes, steering, and load securing methods. Any of these failures might lead to a crash. Mechanical failure is more likely when a truck part contains a hidden defect or when maintenance has been neglected or performed incorrectly.
- Third-party intervention. Although 18 wheelers make up a significant part of Georgia's road traffic, especially on freeways, they are not the only vehicles on the road. The negligent actions of another driver, motorcyclist, or pedestrian can set off a chain of events that ends with a crash.
- Dangerous roadways or road conditions. Broken pavement, missing guardrails, and inadequate signs or signals at intersections increase the risks of all types of traffic collisions.
At Grant Law Office, our aggressive attorneys have the resources necessary to investigate the cause of your big rig accident and will gather evidence to build a strong case on your behalf. We can help you identify who is responsible for the tragic losses you have experienced and fight to help you win the money you need and deserve to rebuild your life.
Why Should I Pursue Compensation after a Truck Accident?
When another person or company is responsible for a crash, the injured parties are legally entitled to pursue financial compensation for various economic and non-economic damages. Compensation typically covers a number of costs, including:
- Medical bills, including bills for surgery, prescription medications, mobility aids, and medical equipment;
- Therapy and rehabilitation bills, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other therapeutic treatments;
- Coverage for lost wages and the lost value of the ability to handle household maintenance, repairs, or childcare, if applicable;
- Compensation for pain and suffering, loss of consortium, or loss of comfort, guidance, and support; and
- Funeral and burial expenses, if a crash results in a death.
Atlanta GA Truck Accident Lawyers Providing Trusted Legal Representation
Truck accidents can occur for any number of reasons and result in various damages and injuries. When a crash occurs, one thing is always the same: the lives of those involved are often devastated. That's why the experienced and tenacious Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Grant Law Office are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you and your family need after a big rig collision. Contact us today for a free, confidential case review.