Atlanta Anesthesia Error Lawyers
Anesthesia Errors and Complications Resulting in Brain Damage and Death
Anesthesia allows us to undergo surgery or other invasive procedures without experiencing pain and discomfort. Without it, even the simplest of medical or dental operations would be excruciating experiences. As far as medical science has come since the days of chloroform, ether, and the like, there are still risks associated with the administration of anesthesia. In fact, many patients suffer serious or even fatal brain injuries due to anesthesia errors or complications.
Whether it's local, regional, or general, anesthesia must be applied with great care by trained professionals or even a small miscalculation can result in devastating consequences. If you or someone you love has been the victim of an anesthesia-related injury or death, you may be asking yourself questions like:
- Who was responsible?
- How am I going to pay off the resulting medical bills?
- Do I have a legitimate medical malpractice claim?
- What's the first step I should take in pursuing compensation?
You can get the answers you need by contacting the Atlanta medical malpractice attorneys at the Grant Law Office today. We have more than 30 years of experience under our belts, and can use our extensive legal skills and knowledge to secure you full and fair compensation for the damages you have sustained as a result of a doctor's or dentist's negligence. Call us today at (866) 249-5513 or (404) 995-3955 to learn more about how our firm can help you get the financial support and justice you deserve.
What Damages Can I Recover in an Anesthesia-Related Injury Lawsuit in Georgia?
Depending on the circumstances, you may be eligible to collect for the following damages:
- Medical bills associated with treatments for brain injury
- Lost wages during recovery
- Therapeutic services for physical recovery and mental trauma
- Emotional pain and anguish
You should consult with a qualified injury attorney to receive an estimate of your case's worth along with guidance on how to proceed.
What Are Some Common Anesthesia Errors?
Here are some of the most common anesthesia-related mistakes resulting from medical negligence or malpractice:
- Improper intubation - Anesthesiologists will often intubate a patient going under in order to assist them with respiration. An error during intubation can lead to serious injuries.
- Inadequate monitoring - A patient's vital signs must be monitored closely throughout a surgical procedure, or else a complication may go unaddressed, causing serious injury or death.
- Too little or too much anesthesia - It is extremely important for an anesthesiologist to administer the proper dosage. If a patient receives too much anesthesia, s/he may suffer brain injury or even a coma. Too little, and the patient may wake up during surgery, paralyzed and unable to speak, yet sensitive to the pain, which is, to say the least, a horrifying experience.
Let Our Atlanta Anesthesia Error Attorneys Fight for You
Do not let the physician or dentist who has wronged you or your loved one get away without taking responsibility. Call the Grant Law Office today at (866) 249-5513 or (404) 995-3955 to receive the legal representation you need to protect your rights and build a better tomorrow.