Attorneys Talk About Preventing Spinal Cord Injuries in Atlanta
Spinal cord injuries can cause catastrophic damage. Even a mild injury can cause lifelong difficulties with movement, coordination, and nerve or organ function. Spinal cord injuries are also some of the most expensive and severe injuries to treat, due to the extensive medical care and therapy required.
Whenever possible, it is best to avoid serious injuries by preventing them. Since most spine trauma occur in accidents or falls, taking precautions when riding in a vehicle, walking through a dangerous area, or participating in sports can help reduce your risk of serious trauma. If you are injured in an accident caused by negligence, however, the skilled Atlanta spinal cord injury lawyers at Grant Law Office can help. Contact us today for a free consultation by calling (404) 995-3955.
To reduce the risk of a spinal cord injury in a car accident, consider the following safety tips:
- Always wear a seat belt when you drive or ride in a motor vehicle.
- Make sure children are seated in an appropriate car safety seat, and that the seat is attached correctly to the seat of the vehicle.
- Never drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Never ride with a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Swimming and diving accidents cause a number of spinal injuries each year. Protect those you love at the beach or pool by following the safety tips:
- Do not dive into water less than 12 feet deep. Always check the depth of water before diving.
- Do not run or allow children to run while on a pool deck or near a pool.
- Avoid pushing, shoving, and horseplay near water. Follow all rules and warning signs at water parks, swimming pools, and public beaches.
Spinal cord injuries can also occur during sports and games, but the risk is reduced when safety measures are taken, including:
- Ensure participants have the proper safety equipment for the activity. This may include appropriate helmets, guards, or other padding.
- Examine equipment for damage that could cause a sudden fall or other injury.
- Check the sports area before playing or participating. Cracks, broken surfaces, debris, and other obstacles could cause a fall that leads to a spinal cord injury.
Spinal cord injuries can cause lifelong impairments. Georgia law allows injured victims to seek compensation from any party responsible for their injuries. If you need help protecting your legal rights, contact the experienced Atlanta spine injury attorneys at Grant Law Office by calling (404) 995-3955. Your initial consultation is free and confidential.
- Neurologists Recommend Surgical Monitoring to Prevent Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury Prevention - Mayo Clinic
- Evidence-Based Practice in Primary Prevention of Spinal Cord Injury
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Phone: (404) 995-3955
Wrongful Death Day Care Case