Everyone wants safe, efficient, and effective healthcare, whether they are suffering from a minor injury or a serious medical condition. In recognition of this fact, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has implemented a new initiative that encourages strong and clear communication between healthcare professionals and patients.
The “Questions are the Answer” initiative features a website with a number of resources that can help patients and healthcare professional participate in productive two-way communication to ensure that all concerns are addressed and everyone is on the same page. This much needed interaction keeps both the patient and healthcare professional well informed. The website includes:
- An original video series, starring real patients and real physicians, focusing on the importance of sharing information and asking questions;
- An interactive “Question Builder” which helps patients compile and prioritize questions and concerns that they want to ask during their visit;
- Guidelines and sample questions of how to get the most out of and understand the answers to your questions during your visit;
- After-visit guidelines and advice; and
- A brochure offering helpful suggestions for before, during, and after a medical appointment entitled “Be More Involved in Your Health Care: Tips for Patients.”
All patients want the most out of their healthcare. They want to ask questions about what is going on and they want straight answers that they can understand. “Questions are the Answer” is the perfect opportunity to facilitate a more direct path of communication between the patient and their healthcare provider, encouraging safer and more effective treatment that best fits the patient’s needs.
At The Law Offices of Wayne Grant, P.C., our experienced medical malpractice attorneys in Georgia applaud this initiative and consider it an important step towards ensuring safe, effective, attentive, and quality healthcare for all patients. We are committed to doing our part in holding negligent physicians accountable for the substandard care they provide. If you or a loved one has been injured or has suffered illness as the result of negligence or malpractice on the part of a healthcare provider, contact us today to learn more about your legal options at 404-995-3955 or toll-free at 866-249-5513.