Atlanta Car Crash Proves Fatal
A 68-year-old man was killed in an Atlanta car accident when a flatbed tow truck struck the vehicle in which he was a passenger. According to a news report in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the fatal truck accident occurred at the intersection of Marietta Street and Northside Drive in northwest Atlanta. Officials say the collision occurred at an intersection, but they have not provided information regarding who was responsible for the accident. The fatally injured Chattanooga man was sitting in the front seat of the sedan. The driver of the sedan and three juveniles in the backseat were transported to a nearby hospital. The tow truck driver was not injured.
Intersections are some of the most common locations for serious injury accidents. Common causes of Atlanta intersection accidents include:
- Drunk driving: Impaired motorists are less likely to notice traffic signals or slowed traffic.
- Distracted driving: Motorists who are on their cell phone or otherwise distracted may not observe slowed traffic until it is too late.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way: Many motorists fail to properly yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists and other vehicles.
- Failure to obey traffic control device: Drivers who run through stop signs and traffic lights put everyone in harm’s way.
- Speed: Motorists who are exceeding the speed limit will have more difficulty slowing down in time for stop signs and traffic lights.
The family of someone killed in an intersection accident can pursue financial compensation for their tragic loss by filing a wrongful death claim. The Atlanta car accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Wayne Grant, P.C. help families get fair compensation following a fatal car crash. Our skilled attorneys provide free case evaluations at (404) 995-3955 to anyone who has lost a loved one in a car accident.
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Wrongful Death Day Care Case