Georgia Personal Injury Attorney Offers Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riding can be as exhilarating as it is dangerous. If you choose to ride in Georgia, it is crucial that you exercise caution at all times. Remember to ride at speeds relative to the roadway conditions and to exercise safe riding habits.
Here are a few tips about how you can prevent a serious injury motorcycle accident:
- Read your owner’s manual. It is important to have a basic understanding of how your motorcycle works and what type of maintenance it may need.
- Perform an inspection. Before hitting the roadway, check the tires, cables, lights, horn, mirrors, oil, fuel, coolant, and brakes.
- Remain alert at all times. It is important that you are constantly looking for potential hazards while evaluating how to avoid them.
- Increase your visibility. Make sure your headlamps are on, wear bright clothes, and stay out of blind spots.
- Keep your distance. If you are traveling too close to the back or side of a car, it will be difficult to avoid a collision in an emergency situation.
- Stay sober. Motorcyclists who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are in great danger of being fatally injured.
- Use caution when passing. It is not advisable to overtake another vehicle when approaching a corner or intersection.
- Ride with extra care at night. As it gets darker out, it becomes more difficult to determine distance between vehicles. When you have to ride at night, make sure you are in bright clothes and on well-lit streets.
- Wear the right gear. Under Georgia law, all motorcycle riders must have protective headgear. A helmet is not, however, the only gear you will need. It is important to wear a jacket that is made of thick material, pants to help you resist abrasion, gloves to prevent hand injuries, and boots with rubber soles.
Even the safest riders can get injured or killed in a Georgia motorcycle accident. If a negligent driver has injured you or a family member, please call The Law Offices of Wayne Grant, P.C. at (404) 995-3955 for a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Phone: (404) 995-3955
Wrongful Death Day Care Case