Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Help for Injured Bikers in Georgia
There is a common misconception that motorcyclists tend to be more reckless on the road than other motorists and that they are mostly are fault for the collisions they get in; however, this is an unfair cultural bias that's been perpetuated through inaccurate portrayals by the media and general ignorance amongst the non-riding population. The fact is that motorcyclists, being completely aware of the dangers they face on the road due to their vulnerability, are some of the safest drivers on the road. If that was not enough, statistics indicate that most multi-vehicle motorcycle accidents are caused by negligent drivers of regular motor vehicles, not motorcyclists.
At Grant Law Office, our Atlanta personal injury lawyers understand that motorcyclists have to be on constant vigilance for negligent motorists in order to stay safe. We are here to protect the rights of motorcyclists when things go wrong. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a crash, please call us today at (404) 995-3955 to learn more about how we can help you attain justice.
How Can I Win My Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Claim?
First and foremost, you should consult with an experienced personal injury or wrongful death attorney, depending on your case. An honest attorney will be able to answer your motorcycle accident questions and determine whether you have a good chance at attaining compensation or not. If one decides to take on your case, he or she will perform the following actions in order to strengthen your claim:
- Gather and review all investigative reports.
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the accident scene.
- Preserve all material evidence, such as damaged vehicles, skids and marks on the pavement, blood transfusions, and more.
- Consult with crash reconstruction specialists and other professionals who can provide expert testimony.
- Get in touch with all eyewitnesses.
After gathering all the necessary data, a skilled attorney should be able to construct a highly convincing case for your claim.
What are the Common Causes of Driver Error that Lead to a Motorcycle Collision?
As the victim, it is up to you to prove the fault of the responsible motorist(s). An Atlanta personal injury attorney can help support your case by collecting evidence that displays the following types of negligent behavior:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted or inattentive driving
- Failure to yield in appropriate circumstances
- Cutting off a motorcyclist
Protecting Your Rights in Georgia
If you have been injured in an Atlanta motorcycle accident, make sure you take the following steps to protect your rights:
- Call the police and remain at the scene of the crash. File a police report and obtain a copy of the report.
- When discussing the crash, never admit fault.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including skid marks, damaged vehicles, position of the vehicles, and your injuries.
- Collect contact information from all parties involved and from anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Keep a journal of your day-to-day struggles since the accident, including meetings and opportunities you've missed and activities you are unable to perform or participate in because of your injuries.
- Get prompt medical attention and treatment for your injuries. It is helpful not only to document your injuries, but also to begin the recovery process as soon as possible.
- Contact an Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney who will work diligently to help protect your legal rights.
Getting Compensation for Your Losses in Georgia
You can pursue financial compensation for your losses from the individual responsible for the crash. Examples of liable parties include the driver, his or her employer, a government entity that failed to design or maintain the roadway and manufacturers of defective products which caused or contributed to your accident and injuries.
In order to bring a successful claim, you will have to show that the other driver's negligence or wrongdoing contributed to the crash. Eyewitness testimony, evidence gathered by investigators and footage from nearby surveillance cameras could all prove useful to help determine liability.
Contact Grant Law Office
A successful personal injury claim will provide compensation to victims for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pain and suffering and emotional distress. Call Grant Law Office at (866) 249-5513 to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.