MARTA Bus Accident Attorneys in Atlanta
Legal Help for MARTA Bus Accident Injury Victims
At Grant Law Office, we have seen a rise over the years in the number of bus accidents occurring throughout Georgia. Passengers on buses and in other vehicles are sometimes injured in bus crashes through no fault of their own. Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers have been successfully representing injured accident victims for more than 30 years. We take pride in our recent case results, including $250,000 for a MARTA bus accident in which one of our clients was injured, requiring surgery.
Our Atlanta bus accident attorneys have earned a reputation as dedicated litigators who relentlessly pursue fair compensation in injury cases. You can rely on our Atlanta legal team to provide skilled and aggressive representation, and to treat every person we serve with the utmost dignity and respect.
MARTA Accident Statistics
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is the principal public transport system in the Atlanta metropolitan area, with 48 miles of rail track and 38 stations. Originally established as a bus system in 1971, MARTA now operates a network of bus routes linked to a rapid transit system. With a daily average of 432,900 passengers, MARTA is the eighth largest rapid transit system in the U.S.
Although public transportation is generally considered to be safer than driving in privately-owned vehicles, MARTA and other bus accidents do occur, and often at a high human cost. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports 281 fatalities and 22,000 people injured in bus crashes in the U.S. in 2014.
MARTA Bus Accidents in Atlanta
MARTA bus accidents have been in the news in Georgia:
- In May 2015, a MARTA bus was hit by a train after the driver got stuck in traffic while attempting to make a left turn with the rear of the bus still on the tracks.
- In February 2016, a 63-year old man was killed when his pickup truck collided with a MARTA bus at the intersection of Cascade Road and Spring Park. Four passengers on the bus also sustained minor injuries.
- In March 2016, one person was killed and two were injured when a woman driver, who swerved to avoid hitting a MARTA bus that had come to a stop, went off the road, hitting three people who were waiting at the bus stop.
- In June 2016, a motorcyclist was killed in East Point when his bike crashed head-on into a MARTA bus. The victim remained trapped under the bus for a period of time, as reported by Fox 5 News.
Speak with a MARTA Bus Accident Lawyer
MARTA and other bus accidents typically require a great deal of investigation by a variety of governmental agencies, and it is crucial that every piece of evidence is thoroughly examined when constructing a claim for damages. Injured victims have a right to seek compensation from all of the responsible parties, and those parties may include the bus driver, the company or municipality, or other drivers whose negligent driving actions contributed to the accident.
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in MARTA bus accident, contact Grant Law Office as soon possible to schedule a free case consultation, with no obligation. Wayne Grant is a trial lawyer with more than three decades of experience handling serious personal injury and wrongful death matters. He has named among Super Lawyers® for 12 years running. You can have complete confidence that our firm will provide professional, aggressive representation in your MARTA bus accident claim.
Grant Law Office can be reached at (404) 995-3955 or (866) 249-5513.
Recent Bus Accident Verdicts and Settlements
- $250,000 - MARTA bus accident requiring surgery.
Click here for more verdicts and settlements.