Atlanta Orthopedic Injury Attorneys
Common Types of Orthopedic Injuries
Orthopedic injuries involve damage to the musculoskeletal system, which can vary widely in severity. This system includes the muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, and bones. When they are caused by falls, trauma, or injury, orthopedic injuries may be severe enough to require surgery. Bone fractures require immediate medical attention.
Injury to the musculoskeletal system can occur in many different ways. Common orthopedic injuries include the following:
- Fractures: A bone can break as a result of a sudden impact, as in a car accident or a fall. Fractured bones can cause severe pain, numbness, and redness of the skin. If the bone is broken, you may not be able to move the affected limb.
- Dislocations: This injury occurs when a joint is forced out of position. The bone may be visibly displaced, and the area may swell. Dislocations are common in the joints of the jaw, elbows, hips, and ankles.
- Sprains: Sprains involve stretching or tearing of ligaments. They can cause bruising, swelling, and pain, and you may hear a pop when the injury occurs.
- Strains: This type of injury occurs when the muscles or tendons are stretched or torn. Strains can cause pain, redness, muscle spasms, and difficulty moving.
- Rotator cuff injuries: A rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons surrounding the shoulder joint that keep the head of the upper arm bone firmly within the shoulder socket. Injury or overuse can cause the rotator cuff to break down suddenly or over time.
- Knee injuries: A sudden twist can injure muscles and tendons in the knee. When this happens, the joint does not function properly. Knee injuries can cause pain, swelling, and problems with mobility.
How Do Orthopedic Injuries Happen?
Orthopedic injuries have a wide range of causes. People may sustain an injury to the musculoskeletal system in many types of accidents and injuries, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip or trip and falls
- Dog bites
- Defective product injuries
Who Is Liable for Orthopedic Injuries?
If your orthopedic injuries occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, the at-fault party may be legally responsible. For example, if your leg was fractured in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver, that driver may be held accountable in a claim for compensation. If your knee was injured in a trip and fall accident caused by a hazard on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold the property owner liable for your injuries. Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability and construct a strong case based on the facts.
Why You Need an Atlanta Injury Lawyer
Serious orthopedic injuries can severely limit your ability to work and to go about your daily life. Tasks you once performed easily may become difficult or impossible. Chronic pain from musculoskeletal injuries can affect your attitude and, consequently, your relationships. If someone else caused your injuries through negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your disability, pain, and suffering. For the best chance of recovering maximum compensation, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side.
Why Choose Us?
- At Grant Law Office, we are an effective husband and wife team of Atlanta personal injury lawyers.
- Wayne Grant is Martindale-Hubbell® rated AV Preeminent® 5 out of 5 – the highest rating possible. He is also listed among Georgia Super Lawyers®, which means he has been chosen by his peers to rank among the top 5% of attorneys in Georgia.
- Our firm was founded in 2006, but Wayne Grant has been practicing since 1979, and Kimberly Grant has been practicing since 1993.
If you have suffered serious orthopedic injuries in Atlanta through the negligence of another, call Grant Law Office at (404) 995-3955 to schedule a free consultation. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Recent Orthopedic Injuries Verdicts and Settlements
- Confidential Settlement - Orthopedic Injury
- $550,000 Settlement - Car Crash / Appearance Altering Orthopedic Injury
Click here for more verdicts and settlements.
Contact us today for a free and comprehensive case evaluation.
We require no legal retainer or upfront fees,
and you pay nothing unless we prevail.
Phone: (404) 995-3955
Wrongful Death Day Care Case